Friday, September 21, 2012

September 20th, 2012

Today, Demone and I worked together to combine our timelines. We laid our individual copies out side by side and went through them year by year. We marked which events we wanted to keep and which we thought we should delete. 

We then each went back to our own timelines on our laptops and edited them. I emailed the updated version of mine to Demone and he emailed his to me. 

To split the work evenly, we divided up the years. Demone was in charge of meshing my data with his for the years 1957-1997. I was in charge of meshing our data for the years 1997-2012 (since later years had more data, we divided up the work by the number of pages of information rather than by the number of years). 

I created a new Word Document and copy-and-pasted my timeline (from 1997-2012) into it. I then copy-and-pasted each individual event from his timeline into mine under the appropriate dates. Once our timelines had been combined, I copied the new version to a GoogleDoc. I shared it with Demone and Ms. Bryner. Demone then went into the GoogleDoc and pasted in his combined version of the timeline from 1957-1997. 

Over the next week, Ms. Bryner and Ms. Cromwell will review and edit the timeline we have created.



No comments:

Post a Comment