Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September 18, 2012

Today, I completed the final draft of my timeline. I reviewed the events I had listed and added a couple more exhibits. I also went through the MOA website's archives and looked through the negatives to add a few more older pictures. I found a some great ones of the Museum when it was housed in Reynolda Village. There were photos of it from the outside, including ones of the sign "Museum of Man" that hung by the front door, and photos of the storage room. 

I had hoped to be able to use the online archives to fill in the gaps in photographs that I had for the 1990s, but as the negatives were not dated, this proved difficult. There were a few negatives I was able to identify by the exhibit titles, but I did not find any for the dates that I needed.

To get to the MOA's photograph archives, I went to http://moa.wfu.edu/ --> Research and Collections --> Archives Database --> Browse --> filled in the box "Browse Starting with" with the word "negative" and then hit the "Show Browse Records" (I had to hit it twice to get the pictures to show up).

Once I had finished looking through the negatives, I sorted through photos I had downloaded off Sara Cromwell's computer. These were of events dating from 2005 to the present. I created folders with select photographs from events like the Peace Corps exhibit in 2011, the SciWorks African exhibit in 2009 and the building of the Art of Sky, Art of Earth: Maya Cosmic Imagery exhibit in 2009.

Tonight, I will do one final read through of the timeline and send it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment